Friday, October 29, 2010

As they grow

When I dreamed of being a mommy I dreamed about all the stuff I wanted to share with my kids and teach them. Little did I know that they would probably teach me way more then I would ever teach them. They have taught me what it's like to love someone so much it hurts, they have taught me that sometimes the little things mean the most, and they have taught me that I really had know idea what it was like to feel so blessed until I had them.

Being a mom has made me appreciate my own parents more then I could have ever realized. My parents worked HARD to give us a good life. They worked hard to teach us right from wrong and they encouraged us to become independent and strong people.

I hope that some day my kids will look back and appreciate all the little things that don't seem to matter now but some day they will realize we did them out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment