Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nothing as sad as a sick baby

My poor baby boy came down with a fever starting on thursday and it has been a long three days for us all. There is nothing so heartbreaking as a parents as when your child is sick and there is nothing you can do to make them better.

I can thankfully say that after 3 visits to the dr's and numerous hours of sitting up worrying that it seems like my precious boy is on the mend. But let me tell you I was a scared mommy when the words e.r. and over night observation were mentioned on thursday night, luckily those things were not needed. We are so lucky to bring our children to a pediatric practice that offers night, weekend and on call services.

I am sure this is only one of many childhood illnesses we will deal, but the first time your precious baby gets sick has got to be one of the hardest things to deal with as a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment