Monday, September 20, 2010

The blessings of babies

Being a mom myself I am always so excited when I find out that friends are expecting. Being a mother is the hardest but the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life.

Yesterday I had the privilege to go to a baby shower for a dear friends 1st baby, nothing as exciting as the expectation of new life. As my close friends start to have babies and our group of friends expands to include all of these little gifts I can't help but be grateful that I have been blessed with such close and caring friends.

My college roommates and I are all still close and that means the world to me. As all of our families start to grow I feel like our kids are so lucky to have so many "aunts, uncles and cousins" to grow up with and share special moments.  Though we may not see each other as often as we would like when we are together it's such a special time for us all, and as the group keeps expanding to include our children I know we have many many more years of amazing memories to build together.

No comments:

Post a Comment